Bush Stimulus Package: Don’t Spend it all in One Place
February 19, 2008 in blogging, Economics, life, Relationships, thoughts
Tags: card, checks, child, Christmas, Economics, economy, family, federal checks, federal government, future, george bush, grand parents, holiday card, income, investment, kids, money, money supply, pension plan, retirement, season greetings, social security, socks, stimulus package, tax rebate, thoughts, underwear
When I was a kid, my grandparents would always send me and the rest of my family members checks for Christmas (as well as some presents like underwear and socks). There are eight kids total in my family, making a $20 check/child a considerable investment on their part. They were grandparents… retired. Their monthly income consisted of a pension plan and social security. But a $160/year investment into their grandchildren’s futures was well worth it. Also, $160 was about equal to $500 in today’s money.
Interestingly enough that is about the same amount of money that the Federal government is going to be sending 130,000,000 people in less than two months. Each check from my grandparents was enclosed in a card that said something along the lines of “Don’t spend it all in one place.” Just a thought for those Federal checks.
- What a difference a preposition makes
- Project Sunroof & Why Homeowners Should be Incented to be Energy Suppliers
- Paul Krugman is Everything that is Wrong with Academic Economics
- Everything Awesome and Disappointing About the Chevy Volt
- Solving the Washington Name Controversy While Honoring Native Americans
advertising america bailout bank bailout Bush Business California California Proposition Christmas clinton college Congress dating democracy ecommerce Economics economy election energy Environment ex-girlfriend facebook family fanbox fanbox spam federal government federal reserve football fraud friends Funny george bush George W. Bush google government government spending Hillary Clinton humor inflation internet John McCain life magento McCain media News new york NFL obama open source parents phishing politicians Politics president presidential election radio show recession Relationships scam security social networking social networks Sports stealing suicide taxes technology Television thoughts travel united states w women Work
Browse historical data!
- Canceling a #model3 order b/c @elonmusk advises Trump is like saying you're an environmentalist but not telling anyone about clean energy 1 month ago
- #developerproblems Writing a try/catch statement without writing it as #cashmeoutside 1 month ago
- How is it @BettyMWhite wasn't cast for #Oceans8? 1 month ago
- Hi 1 month ago
- Croissant muffins are my new favorite way to breakfast in the late morning. #cruffin 2 months ago
- Meeting some great companies at #FitExpo in #LA yesterday and today! Always love hearing inspirational #startup stories! 2 months ago
- Learning to code is making a difference and saving lives! ideas.ted.com/why-im-teachin… 3 months ago
- You know you're on a computer too much when your wife is holding an inflight magazine and you try to tap a photo to zoom. #travel 4 months ago
- I think Shaqaroni & cheese is my favorite @SHAQ nickname I've heard at #QBConnect 5 months ago
- I'm pretty sure @SHAQ's ring he's wearing at #QBConnect is as big as my head! #champ 5 months ago
weight loss takes on LOL Weims are FUNNY! Project Sunroof… on Energy Crisis Solved? 22 Babies Sick Of Be… on LOL Weims are FUNNY! 22 Babies Sick Of Be… on LOL Weims are FUNNY! 22 Babies Sick Of Be… on LOL Weims are FUNNY!
- cool stuff
- Creative Writing
- just for fun
- marketing tips
- Stuff that sucks
- swing dance
- Swing Dance Events
- Team Management & Leadership
- Weird Stuff