If Everyone Watched The Big Idea…
February 13, 2008 in blogging, Business, cool stuff, Deals, Economics, life, media, News, Politics, Television, thoughts, Work
Tags: 2008, ad networks, america, Americans, banner advertisements, billions, blogger, boost the economy, Bush, Business, checks in the mail, cnbc, complainers, complaints, cool stuff, create jobs, Deals, democrats, donny deutsch, Economics, economy, example, executives, federal government, george bush, giving money back, income, jobs, leadership, life, May, media, millions, money, News, next year, opinions, people, Politics, president bush, rebate, republicans, revenue, run-of-network, spend money, spending, stimulus package, success, success stories, symantics, Television, the big idea, thoughts, unemployment, US economy, valueclick, w, Walmart, welfare, WordPress, Work
What would happen if everyone in America watches The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch on CNBC? First, there would be a run on the cable companies because you can only get CNBC on cable. Second, fellow blogger Tony Iovino would take his $600 check he’ll receive from the Federal government in May and actually cash it to invest it into a new invention (and he would start using the vastly superior WordPress blogging system). Third, the US economy would flourish.
Today, Bush signed his stimulus package, creating checks for millions of people in our economy. Lots of people love to complain about the symantics of the deal. Call it welfare. Call it a rebate. Call it what you want, it is our Federal government giving money to people that live in America.
Using some of the people I’ve seen on The Big Idea as an example, what those $600 checks have the potential to do is generate billions (yes, you read that correctly, BILLIONS) of dollars in revenue/income for Americans. How? Well, you should watch The Big Idea. The show has featured scores of people who have started their business for little more (sometimes even less) than $600. These people has created jobs, used resources that support other businesses, and made people a lot of money.
Sure, if everyone who receives a check goes a spends it on a toy at Walmart, it won’t do much for boosting the economy. However, let’s have a little fun with the math here. 130,000,000 Americans are going to receive a check. If even 0.1% of the people who receive checks become Donny Deutsch success stories, we are talking about generating $130,000,000,000 of revenue for the US economy over the next year! That’s correct, just one-tenth of one percent of the people who receive the checks need to become Donny Deutsch success stories for the checks to pay for themselves in just two year. One-tenth of one percent. That is about the same as a run-of-network banner advertisement on ValueClick!
- What a difference a preposition makes
- Project Sunroof & Why Homeowners Should be Incented to be Energy Suppliers
- Paul Krugman is Everything that is Wrong with Academic Economics
- Everything Awesome and Disappointing About the Chevy Volt
- Solving the Washington Name Controversy While Honoring Native Americans
advertising america bailout bank bailout Bush Business California California Proposition Christmas clinton college Congress dating democracy ecommerce Economics economy election energy Environment ex-girlfriend facebook family fanbox fanbox spam federal government federal reserve football fraud friends Funny george bush George W. Bush google government government spending Hillary Clinton humor inflation internet John McCain life magento McCain media News new york NFL obama open source parents phishing politicians Politics president presidential election radio show recession Relationships scam security social networking social networks Sports stealing suicide taxes technology Television thoughts travel united states w women Work
Browse historical data!
- Canceling a #model3 order b/c @elonmusk advises Trump is like saying you're an environmentalist but not telling anyone about clean energy 1 month ago
- #developerproblems Writing a try/catch statement without writing it as #cashmeoutside 1 month ago
- How is it @BettyMWhite wasn't cast for #Oceans8? 1 month ago
- Hi 1 month ago
- Croissant muffins are my new favorite way to breakfast in the late morning. #cruffin 2 months ago
- Meeting some great companies at #FitExpo in #LA yesterday and today! Always love hearing inspirational #startup stories! 2 months ago
- Learning to code is making a difference and saving lives! ideas.ted.com/why-im-teachin… 3 months ago
- You know you're on a computer too much when your wife is holding an inflight magazine and you try to tap a photo to zoom. #travel 4 months ago
- I think Shaqaroni & cheese is my favorite @SHAQ nickname I've heard at #QBConnect 5 months ago
- I'm pretty sure @SHAQ's ring he's wearing at #QBConnect is as big as my head! #champ 5 months ago
weight loss takes on LOL Weims are FUNNY! Project Sunroof… on Energy Crisis Solved? 22 Babies Sick Of Be… on LOL Weims are FUNNY! 22 Babies Sick Of Be… on LOL Weims are FUNNY! 22 Babies Sick Of Be… on LOL Weims are FUNNY!
- cool stuff
- Creative Writing
- just for fun
- marketing tips
- Stuff that sucks
- swing dance
- Swing Dance Events
- Team Management & Leadership
- Weird Stuff